KEB P6 Pitch Control Drive (Pitch and Yaw Drives for Wind Turbine Generator)
A pitch drive is used to adjust the rotor blades and regulate the power transmitted to the mechanical system. A more responsive pitch system allows the turbine to better react to constantly changing conditions. This puts less stress on the mechanical system and ultimately provides a better performing, longer-lasting wind turbine.The yaw Drive is used for positioning the Nacelle of the wind turbine.
BBL-KEB provides complete solution consisting of Pitch & Yaw Drives; PLC controller , Servo Motors with Brake & encoder , Cabinet with special design and Energy storage using ultra capacitor bank for wind turbine.
The cabinet is specially designed for temperature endurance from -30 deg to +60 deg
Key features of BBL-KEB pitch-yaw drive system are:
- Small footprint – Innovative heatsink allows for smaller cabinet and cost savings.
- Rugged design – Wide temperature ranges, special shock resistant features, etc.
- Dynamic response – Latest control technology provides the best pitch response.
- Powerful programming environment – Programmed in accordance to IEC 61131-3.
- Flexible communication – RS232 serial(user defined), ModbusTCP, option cards: Profibus,CANopen supported
- Integral RFI filter – Robust electrical system
- Precise Position Control – Flexible feedback interfaces; Including absolute SSI
- Single source – System components are optimized to operate together
- Integrated safety features – e.g. switchover to encoderless operation in case of encoder loss.
- Features as required – Braking resistor, fieldbus communications, 24VDC supply, battery monitoring, etc.